Previous Tropical Storm Nate Messages
10.5.17, 1:49 p.m. - Tropical Weather System Expected This Weekend
10.5.17, 1:03 p.m. - Emergency Preparedness Reminders for Gulf Park Employees
In preparation for the tropical system that may impact the Hattiesburg Campus, the Physical Plant is requesting the following of faculty and staff before leaving on Friday:
1. Power down and unplug all non-essential equipment.
2. Close all windows.
3. Clean out all refrigerators and freezers.
4. Cover electrical equipment with plastic or trash bags.
5. Take any valuables and/or personal items with you when leaving.
6. Add fuel to all University vehicles. The motor pool service station has extended its hours and will provide fuel for all university vehicles from 6:30 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. on Friday.
In the event of a power outage, the following facilities and services will operate on a back-up generator:
-Forrest County Hall Data Center
-Johnson Science Tower
-Century Park North & South
-Moffit Health Center
-University Police Department
-Telecommunications Services in M.M. Roberts Stadium
-Walker Science Building (basement only).
If you have a need that requires special attention during an emergency power outage, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on Friday, October 6.
In addition, the Fourth Street recycling containers will close on Friday, October 6 until the storm passes.
For questions, please call the Physical Plant at 601.266.4414.