University of Southern Mississippi operations in Hattiesburg and on the Gulf Coast will be closed on Tuesday, Jan. 28, as a result of anticipated severe winter weather conditions. University officials will continue to monitor weather activity, and will communicate through Eagle Alert and other media outlets if conditions are expected to affect normal operations on Wednesday.
The Southern Miss community is also advised of the following:
· A decision on Wednesday operations will be made at 2 p.m. on Tuesday and communicated through Eagle Alert and other media outlets.
· Students living on the Hattiesburg campus are advised to use extreme caution if traveling by foot on campus.
· Monday night classes will meet as scheduled.
· Food services on the Hattiesburg campus will be available for students living on campus at the Fresh Food Company and Seymour’s on Tuesday.
· Parking beneath the cover of trees could present a hazard to vehicles. Students parked beneath tree cover are advised to move their vehicles on Monday evening. The University will consider all parking zones “open” throughout Tuesday.
· Student Health Services will open for limited hours on Tuesday.
· The University Police Department will be open. Should non-emergency assistance be required, please call 601.266.4986. In an emergency, call 9-1-1.
· Non-essential employees are advised to refrain from coming to campus while the University is closed.