A severe weather system is expected to move through the Hattiesburg area tomorrow, Wednesday, March 21. Students, faculty and staff on the Southern Miss Hattiesburg campus should monitor local news via television, radio and Internet for updates. This weather system could cause conditions that may make some campus streets impassable or hazardous to navigate. Also, locations on the Hattiesburg campus where flooding occurs that could cause damage to vehicles parked in these areas include the following:
* 31st and Pearl in the area of 108 North 31st Avenue
* 31st and Southern Miss at Arthell Kelley Hall behind the Junior Food Mart
* 30th and Southern Miss at Arthell Kelley Hall behind the Junior Food Mart
* Eagle Walk and Black and Gold Drive at the football practice field
* Eagle Walk and north side of M.M. Roberts Stadium
* Golden Eagle Drive at the raised cross walk
* Kay James Drive at the DuBard School
* Fraternity Drive at Montague Street
* Pinehaven Circle at Delta Gamma house
Motorists should use caution in these areas during times of heavy rain and not enter flood areas. University officials will continue monitoring weather conditions, and in the event severe weather does threaten the campus community and notification is warranted, the university's Eagle Alert system will be activated.
For more information, contact University Police at 601.266.4986.